Nov 2, 2006

Saviour of Tiny Birds

I , Santa Rachella Maria, just saved a teeny tiny chickadee dee dee.
He smashed his poor little noggan into the living room window. When I
went to get him, he was at the bottom of the stairs, beak open, wings
splayed. I could see his little heart beating and I picked him up,
just in time. A skinny shinned hawk was sitting on the front fence!!!
I gathered him up and cupped him in my hands. His beak closed and I
could feel his heart thumping. Then I adjusted his little feet under
his body and his feet took hold of the skin on the palm of my hand. I
spent a few minutes talking to him and stroking his feathers. He
pulled himself together, started blinking and I held my hand open
flat. He sat caulking his head from side to side looking at me, then
took a crap and flew away. =D>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. Didn't you have a bird trapped in your house once (if I recall it wasn't so little or cute or well behaved). At least this one left you a present.