Nov 23, 2006

Surprise gift

I arrived home today to find a big box addressed to:

Doug the Builder
Hornby Construction Project

It came from T.F.Simms & Co. in Saint John, NB. Now I know 1 person in Saint John that works for Simms and who also knows about our plans for Hornby Island. Although my mom stays in contact with Dorella and Merv Cormier, I haven't seen them or talked to them since my dad died in 1995, over 10 years ago!

The Cormier's were our next door neighbours when I was growing up in the suburbs of Saint John. I babysat their kids and no doubt terrorized their whole family with loud heavy metal music at inappropriate times.

Anyway, Dorie sent us this amazing gift of assorted paint brushes, trays, liners, rollers and a big bag of dulse. Both Rachelle and I are blown away by their thoughtfulness! Thanks so much, Dorie and Merv. Those things will be put to good use!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's some package. I didn't think it would be that big.
Think of them when you use that equipment. Sarge