Oct 31, 2006

Halloween Fun


Halloween is pretty consistent around here. We paint our faces, carve a scary pumpkin, and turn the front walkway into a graveyard. While I'm doing all that, Rachelle makes up some dinner which we usually pick away at while the kids are coming around.

We had 40 or so kids, which matched up almost perfectly with the amount of candy that Rachelle bought. As soon as the hoodlums started setting off what sounded like pipe bombs we blew out all the candles, packed up the mummy and gravestones, and put it all away until next year.

We had some great reactions to our house and faces. Rachelle took her spot at the window next to a candle and stayed still untill the kids looked at her and realized that she was real. About the same time, I tuned on the flashlight and shone it on my face. A few kids froze and some jumped back so far they almost fell down the stairs. If you click on the photo of the house, you can see her spooky face in the window.


1 comment:

Dan Gronross said...

That is great! Man I wish I could have done something that cool for Halloween. I guess there is always next year.

Rachelle, you looked fake, no one the kids freaked out when you moved!

Cheers!

Dan