Oct 29, 2006

Shuttling Squamish Loam



I can put more than 7 bikes in the back of my truck without hardly trying! There's still room for another 3 or 4 by hanging them over the sides. Today I went to Squamish with... well... 6 other people to ride some of the legendary Squamish loam.

There was steep rock faces, root infested drops, long log rides, gap jumps, and tonnes of grin inducing loamy single track. We had so much fun on the first time around that we drove the bikes up again before retiring to the pub for burgers and beer.

This pic is Rusty from the UK riding across a bridge over a beautiful creek on PseudoTsuda. He's back from his multi week BC road trip sampling some of the best ride that the province has to offer. He leaves on Thursday to return to the UK, so it was great that he was able to add another locale to his list.


It was an excellent day with a bit of snow at the top and lots of sunshine. Big thanks to Sven and Dorothy for showing us around. I can't believe that I've never done any amount of riding in Squamish before today. Lots of laughs... some good crashes... awesome riding... Dan didn't re-break his collarbone... Fun times!

No comments: