
So Don Ross is about the most amazing guitar player that I've ever seen or heard. He also puts on an amazing show. Here's my good friend Paul and Don in Paul's living room. This is what Paul has to say about the whole thing:
In my living room !!
A couple of weeks ago, when she saw that DR was coming to town for two
nights, Denise emailed and asked if she could hire him for a couple of hours
for a one-on-one session with her hack guitar playing husband. And he said
"groovy".
So yesterday morning he came over and showed me a bunch of stuff and some
nearly impossible poly-rhythmic picking techniques that I'll probably never
master, but will die trying to; played a couple of tunes and - most
importantly - gave tips on applying plastic finger nails!
It's not often one gets to meet a "hero", let alone have them over to your
house. I then went to see his show last night at The Seahorse, which was
killer - the best of the 4 times I've seen him. (Chris - he's in Rothesay
tonight. Dug - Vancouver on the 8th with Michael Manring, the most
mind-boggling bassist alive!)
If only all hack guitar playing husbands were as lucky to have a wife like
mine!
PDW
No comments:
Post a Comment