Jun 18, 2007

New Appliances

Yesterday I went into town (Courtenay) to pick up our new washer, drier, and freezer. Jean, one of my co-workers, came in with me to pick up some supplies. He hadn't been "off island" in over 3 months.

With ferry fees, gas, and the loss of a day, it's not cheap to go into town so one wants to make it worthwhile. We hit the building supply store, work clothes shop, Canadian Tire, lunch, and Sears.

Last night I transferred most of the components from my full suspension mountain bike to my hard tail. Tonight I did a bunch of drive train tweaking and went for a ride. Wow... What a difference! All the power goes directly onto the ground instead of gettng sucked up by the suspension. It was only a short ride, but really invigorated my love of XC riding.

A few days ago was the lowest tide of the year. This is Tribune Bay from the work site. That's a whole lotta beach!!


As I mentioned before, the job site is on a point of land that separates Tribune Bay beach (Big Trib) and Little Tribune beach (Little Trib). Little Trib is the "clothing optional" beach which makes it a perfect stop for me to wash up after work on the way home. This photo is Little Trib, also from the job site.

1 comment:

John said...

Washing up @ the clothing optional beach eh? I kinda thought you may go feral on Hornby but I had no idea it'd happen so quick :-D