Jun 6, 2007

First Day as a Hornby Resident

It poured rain all night and when I woke up it was still pouring. I went to the fridge for breakfast and saw only the 5 beer that I put there last night. Note to self... Go to Co-op for groceries... First morning as a resident.

The Telus dude showed up as I was digging through boxes trying to find my rain coat. He hooked up our new phone and got our DSL connection happening. I'm back on email and you can call me at 250.335.3444. First blog entry in the new place.

The weather improved and I got down to the Co-op. First grocery run in the new place.

I even had time to do some soffit work on the eaves. While I was up the ladder fixing the work that I messed up last time I was up, Jules came by and invited me for beer! I quickly cleaned up the tools, hopped on my bike and in addition to beer, they made me dinner! First road bike ride as a resident.

This is our kitchen. Alright.. It's not as nice as SOME that I've seen, but I'm thinking of it as the proverbial uncarved block.

Things I've forgotten...
  • sheets and blankets.
  • pots
  • long pants
  • cycling raincoat
  • Coat hangers

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! You nailed the basic on your 1st day as a Hornby Resident-BEER!! Definitely a good start;-) (Note to myself: when all things fail, BEER!! You know I am really joking, right?) Anyway, I am sure your place is a great place to be already. Keep riding and breathing; and thanks for taking the time to keep the connection open and letting us know you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey bud!

Looks good! I am not going until I am assured that there is hot running water and a place to sun myself!

Congrats to Rachelle on winning the award. I will make it out there in August, once all the stuff settles down... hoping that it does!

Dan

Stops said...

Our good neighbor and friend Doug,We're glad to hear your first day as a Hornby Is.resident went swell. You realize how much you two will be missed?! It is hard to see you go.
Too bad for you for you missed Rachelle's delicious home baked butter tarts last night... I even had one for lunch!Bet you can't wait to taste them, if there's any left. I might cross the street tonight and have a visit with Rachelle ...and you know how generous she can be...
We hope your days to come are filled with magical moments! Keep up your great efforts and work in building a nest for you and your dear one, Rachelle. And for us too!
Just kidding!
The Fortier's

Ted Brunt said...

Hmmmmm. Bet he doesn't have a firewall set yet......

ssh 214.125.221.....

Unknown said...

No firewall! Are you kidding me? I'm running XP. I wouldn't boot that thing without a firewall even if it WASN'T hooked up to the net.

Rachelle Chinnery said...

looks like home to me!

Rachelle Chinnery said...

Hangers? When did you start using them?

Siobhan Chinnery said...

oh how life comes full circle in some small ways. Remember building decks with Dad for a couple of summers many years ago. I at least hope the pay is better.
Congrats you Happy Hippy Hornbian.
(Hornbier or Horbyite)