This is the workstation:
Today I all but finished the deck joists, and installed the big braces joining the posts and beams. I dunno 'bout you, but I think that this is a really handsome deck. Wayne did a beautiful job of both the design and implementation.
Today's amazing skill taught to me by the master carps was cutting a piece of dimensional lumber with a circular saw, using a carpenter's square as a fence without laying the lumber down on anything. I had visions of cutting right through my thigh, and never really committed to the skill, but will work on it on my own time.
I need to come up with a system of keeping track of jobs. I'll be working on one thing and Wayne will yell across the jobsite to do something else. I've now got 6 or seven things on the go which I suspect is pretty normal. I WAS jotting them down on a piece of wood, but then I'd have to install my list as part of the deck and it would be very inconvenient to add new jobs. I guess a very small notebook might be the way to go.
Sears in Courtenay now have our washer, drier, and freezer. I have so much stuff to get from the hardware store in town that I'll probably take a day off to go get them next week instead of paying the $100 to have them delivered.
It's supposed to be a nice day on Thursday so I may try to get over to Jules and Ian's or Paul and Lisa's tomorrow to put in a load of laundry. I'll be able to hang it out all day Thursday to dry. I'm starting to get a bit low on work clothes, although I guess at this point in my life, pretty much ALL clothes are work clothes.
3 comments:
nice view, outdoor work station - i will trade my current set up with yours anytime!
very nice work.
Doug!
Buddy... I missed your "savageness" at the trailday.
But never fear... I made sure that I was the dirtiest person there in your honor. I have Kim Steed to agree to that.
Hey bud I was wondering if you had a fork for your bike? A buddy has a set of wheels, not the greatest... but strong enough for your "hackness". I need to know if you need a Thru Axle on the front or a regular QR?
In no time you will be giving Mike Holmes a run for his money.
"On this weeks show I will fix what Dan and I managed to screw up royally!"
HA!
Later!
Shouldn't your view be your thumb? As in - making sure you don't pound it?
Quit yer' whale watchin'!
Post a Comment