Jun 22, 2007

End of Week... Deck Not Done...

I suppose it's job security, but Holy Crap, this thing is EPIC!!! Today was a really fun day. By the afternoon the entire crew had finished their jobs at various places around the house and converged on the deck. The weather was fine... The wind was blowing off the ocean... It was Friday... The radio was blasting Ozzy's new single (which absolutely ROCKS, BTW)... I couldn't believe I was getting paid to be there!

As you can see the wrap-around stairs need to be finished, and the glass plates need to be installed between the posts on the upper deck. Here's another photo of the deck after we'd cleaned up for the weekend.

Today may be my last day on that job as we don't work tomorrow, and Sunday I leave for Vancouver to move Rachelle back to the island. We'll spend a few days cleaning and finishing the packing that she's already started. Then we'll load up as much as we can carry and make the move. Probably no blog entries until we get back on Wed or Thurs night. Then Rachelle goes to work at the pottery shop and I continue with either Wayne or spend a few days working for Mark.

Tonight Darrell and Betty made me dinner and let me use their shower. They own the plot of land right behind us but live and maintain the campsite at Heron Rocks. Darrell is also the brew-master at the Island's meadery. Yep, that's right... he makes mead. Nectar of the gods!

They have this cute Hornby-style cabin and live on a huge acreage. Both the hot chicken dinner and the shower were just what the doctor ordered. Thanks a million, guys!

3 comments:

Siobhan Chinnery said...

Mmmmmmmmm... Mead

The Clements said...

The blonde one wants to know what mead is. ~Jill

Unknown said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead