![]() |
I came from a high-tech background. I was thinking that with all my colleagues that I've worked with over the years, there must be dozens of them that I could follow. I was only able to find 3 of them on Twitter, and all of them had stopped using it to tweet after a few months. I suspect that something similar will happen here as well, but for now I'm tweeting like a little chickadee.

1 comment:
Well, as you know, I am following you on Twitter. :-)
Twitter is a funny bird. It really depends on what you end up doing with it but it can take time. It's a bit like building a house. You start with the foundation and go from there. After a month, lots is taking form but you still can't live in it. Then, one day, the roof is on and by god, you could stay dry if you had to. Etc. :-)
Twitter can get noisy and the more people you follow, the noisier it gets.
As I start to follow arts people because of my business, I've noticed this: I find very few performing artists, but lots of visual and fine artists using twitter. Weird. So, it depends what area you are interested in. Rachelle will find quite a few people using twitter. In the building and construction area, probably fewer for you, Doug.
Just my take it on it. It's an interesting thing. My advice is to push through by posting updates despite the fact that you think nobody is listening and also tweet out some links to thing you find interesting.
I'm looking forward to your tweets.
Post a Comment