Dec 5, 2010
Sandpiper Morning
I remember when I used to take my camera everywhere. This very blog had several entries a week... sometimes several a day. After a while other things started to take up more of my time. I guess that kind of thing happens when one moves to a new place and struggles to build a house in which to live.
Lately I've been inspired by our great friends Michael and Patrick who have recently moved from Vancouver into our neighborhood. They bought a house and cabin and are running them as a B&B. Patrick keeps an excellent 'blog as part of their website in which he posts some fabulous pictures of our neighborhood as they discover it.
This morning, after I dropped off Rachelle at the ferry terminal, I noticed the fabulous sky that was developing. As soon as I got home I grabbed our camera and headed down to our beach to try to capture the fantastic light. I think I got there a bit late, but while I was there I rediscovered the beauty of the place where I live. Here are a couple of the shots that I took. Thanks, Pat, for making me take notice of where I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice post Doug and lovely images from Sandpiper. It is a good reminder that my partner and I will be living on Hornby soon. We're so looking forward to it.
I hope you start posting more. I really enjoy your musings and insights.
Post a Comment