Dec 18, 2010

Town Day

Rachelle had a few things to do to wrap up her teaching gig at North Island College and I had a whack of stuff on a "must do" list. I also hadn't been off of the island in quite a while, so I took the day off of work and we headed to town. The day dawned pretty nicely and when we go on the 9AM ferry the sun and clouds were stunning.
Mt Arrowsmith on Vancouver Island makes a rare winter
appearance. Normally it's buried behind clouds.
The mountains on the mainland stand out in
the morning sunshine behind shingle spit.
As we were driving across the flats between Courtenay and Comox Rachelle spied this flock of swans just hanging out in a large, wet hay field. Swans are such exotic birds. Anytime that they gather in large numbers, you just need to stop the car and have a look.

We did our errands, spent too much money, had a great lunch with Michael who was also in town that day, got a haircut, and in general had a really nice time off of the island.

No comments: