Jun 17, 2009

Late Night Callout

Last night at 23:30 the pager went off and we were called out to help a person who fell off of their bike and had a concussion. The person in question was riding in the pitch black with NO lights and NO helmet when their front wheel came off.

The doctor also got called out and confirmed a concussion by seeing the head wounds and noting the loss of memory. We packaged them up, called out the ferry crew and the Denman ambulance crew, and took the person off island.

Need I state the obvious moral of the story?!? Here it is for those who are still scratching their heads... ALWAYS ensure your front quick release is tight!

2 comments:

sarge said...

Well, not much sleep last night. I hope he'll think twice about pulling a stunt like that again. Talk soon.

Siobhan Chinnery said...

In regards to the photo... All I can say is... "Catch him. He has the H2O modulator"