It's not completely bleak around here, though. On Vancouver Island, within a half hour from the ferry are a few fun crags to keep a guy's head in the game. On Sunday a few of us went exploring an area that none of us had been to.
Rampart Creek is a sub-alpine crag most of the way up the road to Mount Washington Ski Hill. A collection of 8 moderate routes pepper its hard sandstone walls. Being at a fairly high altitude and a bit off of the beaten track gave it a really nice feel. Having the crag to ourselves for the entire day was a pretty nice bonus.
The picture is of Mike on a really nice 5.7 hand crack.
2 comments:
I sure am glad it is you guys climbing and not me. We think walking the Bruce Trails is hard enough let alone climbing the face of some of the cliffs we see.
Good for you Doug. Between building your own home and studio, working for a construction company, and rock climbing, you must be in great shape.
Love A.Aunt
Hey Doug,
I'd ask how you're doing, but I can tell you're doing great.
I'm thinking that one of the things you're NOT missing is the office.
Any regrets? Advice?
Sherry McMillan
Post a Comment