Jan 9, 2007

Made My Day

Today was a pretty good day. I rode to work for the first time in 6 weeks. When I got to work my hand was pretty happy that it didn't have to go any further, but it didn't stay sore.

At lunch I put on a goalie clinic at hockey. I only got scored on twice and had some spectacular, although pretty lucky, saves. My hand didn't hurt at all after that.

Riding home was pretty weird. Another wind storm hit southwest BC and power was out in large blocks of the city, traffic lights were out, helicopters were flying around, and all traffic had come to a halt. It was very surreal.

Once home I found a letter had arrived from my Uncle Warren in Burlington ON. I opened it to find 2 old photos. This one of me and my, now dead, dad on his motorcycle is one I've never seen before. I was absolutely stoked to see it. Thanks a million, Warren, for sending those photos out to me. They'll be treasured!

4 comments:

Ted Brunt said...

What an awesome photo!

I can tell that lil' Doug already wishes there was no engine on the bike.

Anonymous said...

When Warren, Anne and I were looking at some old slides one night, those slides appeared. So glad that you will treasure them. This one reminds me of how scared I was when Dad took you around the block and you came back kicking like crazy with excitment.

Glad your hand is doing well. Keep exercising it.

Sarge

Siobhan Chinnery said...

Long gone are the days when you could perch your infant on the gastank (sans helmet) and burn around the block.
Great pic!

Rachelle Chinnery said...

I always knew Doug came by his kamakaze spirit honestly, and now I have photographic proof! Also pretty sure that Terry follows Doug around and grabs him by the scruff o' the neck for softer landings!