Jan 26, 2007

CAD for House

Tonight, Rachelle and I went over to Dan's place to do some house planning. Dan is an architect, a great mountain bike rider, a hell of a guy, and possesses an amazing control over AutoCAD. While Rachelle made dinner, Dan roughed out our back-of-an-envelope plans on his fancy autoCAD computer.

After we finished eating, he polished them up and printed what he had done. He's going to dimension (add the measurements to) the drawings so we can have something to build the framing plans from.

Here are a few photos of the drawings that he whipped off for us.





Thanks a bunch, Dan!

4 comments:

Paul and Brenda said...

Although it looks small, the set up is appealing. Is the bedroom going to be an open loft style? It kinda looks that way in the drawing. When building the roof-dont use shingles like the type used on houses in Ontario. I hear they have a tendancy to leak after 3 or 4 years....

Unknown said...

Exactly. Open loft. Then I'm envisioning it becoming the office space when/if we expand it to add a bedroom.

I'm seeing 2 expansion plans developing in my mind. The first is to add a detached bedroom joined by a covered walkway to the rest of the house. The second is a complete separate house and his cabin will become a guest house and office setup.

Metal roofing is the plan since we got a tonne of it from Rachelle's Uncle Paul after he dismantled his shop when he got out of the car business.

Dan Gronross said...

Man... you forgot good looking!

I was way to sore after shredding the SSC to finish up. I will email you the stuff tomorrow morning and then you can do a framing plan.

The food was killer!

Octopus Ink dyed pasta... who would have known!

Dan

Paul and Brenda said...

Your plans are very exciting. Keep us posted through the blog. Its looking and sounding great!!