For decorations, I candied some carrot strips and chopped up pecans. I'm very happy with how it came out . It tasted really good too!
Jan 23, 2011
Hey, I made a cake!
Ya, I can make pies and cookies have even had some success with a lemon souffle, believe it or not. I tried a cake a year or so ago and it didn't turn out so well.
Today we're celebrating our good buddy, Pat's, birthday and I volunteered to make a cake. One of my favourites is carrot cake with a cream cheese icing, so that's what got built. I used a recipe on the 'net that had a bunch of great reviews but did it as 2 round cakes instead of the rectangular pan that they suggested. I figure that there's more opportunity for icing if you make it a layer cake.
For decorations, I candied some carrot strips and chopped up pecans. I'm very happy with how it came out . It tasted really good too!
For decorations, I candied some carrot strips and chopped up pecans. I'm very happy with how it came out . It tasted really good too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are as humble as you are talented. That cake ROCKED! I should know, I ate it.
You are the best Doug - inspiring us all, as always.
Forget what I first wrote. We just had another piece and it was freakin' amazing. Dude, you are a man with many talents and right now, you are my, Michael and Rachelle's best friend for making that cake. Everything you are extends into everything you do!
PS We are finishing the last piece now as I type.
Okay, this is it.
More, please?
Sounds absolutely yummy! And I know a couple of people who would love to try some.
I just read the link to the recipe you used and I have got to compliment you on the addition of the pistachios. They are a perfect complement to carrot cake, to cream cheese icing, and to me. And considering it was my birthday cake that is pretty great!
That cake never taste as good as when you made it and everyone should know.
(I promise not to write about this again.)
Post a Comment