I'm already having an almost excellent year. In March I would have gone to Philadelphia to 'up' the title I won at the NICHE Awards from 'Finalist' to 'Winner'. Times are tight though, and while I would love the opportunity to win, I'll settle for Finalist and, like the Dutch guy says, "save my money". Finalist is still somewhat excellent, and you have to be there in person to actually get the king of awards, so Finalist it is.Today I learned this set was juried into a great show in Europe: The 2009 International Festival of Postmodern Ceramics: Ceramica Multiplex. How's that for a handle? The theme of the exhibition is "Nature as Adventure" and, of course, I told the story of our kayaking adventures and being influenced by the wild Pacific Ocean. This beautiful picture was taken by Jennifer Armstrong, a great photographer here on Hornby, and boy, it worked for the jury!
This is my first major show in Europe and I'm completely stoked! But, alas, I won't be flying there in a hurry either. Both of these events are, however, certainly motivating us to build this new studio lickity split! živjeli ! That's Croatian for CHEERS!
7 comments:
Congratulations Rachelle!
Deserved recognition, well done.
PLCL
Way to go! You certainly deserve it, your stuff is beautiful!
Congratulations. May your success continue throughout 2009 and onward. See you soon.
That is fabulous and we are very proud!!
Congratulations.
Congratulations Rachelle! Well deserved.
Lianne
You're incredibly talented, and like so many artists, you love what you do.It shows in all of your pieces.
The awards are bonuses - but nice ones!
Congratulations.
Great job Rachelle! If you need a chaperon for the Europe Tour, let me know, I'm here for ya sister!
Post a Comment