Apr 8, 2008

A Job a Day

Last week was a roller coaster. Doug was laid off. The market doesn't start for another month and we were wondering how it would all go. Well, Doug starts a new job next week and I have started having some sales and it is all looking up.

But now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if we could just coast until the summer tourism season starts. Now that Doug is unemployed, a window in the loft has been installed and our
center post, an arbutus section, got installed today. He's no slouch, my husband.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He's definitely no slouch, but is he turning grey?

Siobhan Chinnery said...

He's a lumberjack and he's OK...

Looks good. Any project ready for my arrival?

Unknown said...

Russ... Not turning gray as much as that photo would suggest. Its a combo of dodgy white balance and being covered in sawdust.

Scott... I've got projects! Bargeboards, fascia, wainscot, trim, shingles, deck joists, decking, railings, wood chopping, stair building, topsoil spreading, wire pulling, window framing, sewage pipe hanging...

sarge said...

Be careful, Scott maybe decide to stay home with a list like that. How's the new job going?

Siobhan Chinnery said...

Well, in that case, I'm more inclined to adopt Rachelles' notion of "coasting until tourist season starts"
Although I am interested in helping you dessicate you liquor cabinet.