Dec 12, 2006

Wanna see something gross?

I went to see the surgeon today to get the update on my hand. They took off my old cast which was a dirty, smelly, heavy, bulky old thing and replaced it with this sexy, slim, and oh so fashionable black number.

While they had it off and were inspecting my hand I snapped a couple of pics. These wires that are sticking out of me are 4 or 5 inches long and run alongside the busted up bones in my hand. Apparently, in 3 or 4 weeks when it's healed up, they grab them with pliers and pull them out, leaving nothing but vampire-like bite wounds.



I love the new cast. I can mostly type again and my fingers are free to move around. They mostly work, although the little finger has not even enough strength to press the shift key on the keyboard. It also doesn't really straighten out, either. I think that it'll always be a bit gimpy, but if you were to choose any appendage to be gimpy, the baby finger would be at the top of the short list.

3 comments:

Ted Brunt said...

Cool - black is the new pink.

I was always amazed at how quickly muscles atrophy when not used. Don't give up on the pinkie yet, sensei.

Dan Gronross said...

Dude... you almost look cool! Almost!

Hahhahaha... bet you could ride with that eh?

No Rachelle I would never make Dougy ride until he is all healed up!

Man hurry up!

Cool wires!

Cheers!

Dan

The Clements said...

Eeeewwww!!! WOW ... I honestly thought my gross tolerance had improved after 2 kids ... but my knees actually went weak after looking at that. I think I might have nightmares about you and your Edward-Scissor-Hand like appendage. Ugh, that's so disgusting. Shivers. Visuals. Can't take it anymore. I just realized Rachelle has to SLEEP next to THAT!!! AAAGH!!!

(get well soon cuz)