Aug 8, 2006

Latest Hornby construction


We're 1 weekend away from actually having a bathroom!! Rachelle and I went to Hornby last weekend with a big load of building materials and almost got the biffy built. While I framed it in, Rachelle prep'd and painted the roofing.

I build the floor on concrete footings that we installed on our last trip up. Once that was done I shaved 2 sides off of some driftwood and they became my corner posts. I put the headers on top of the driftwood and installed the roof joists. Once I framed it, Rachelle screwed in the cedar siding.

Things move a lot slower when you're building on your own as opposed to when there's 3 other guys building with you. We still need to put on the roofing, install the batons on the siding, and build a door. I should be able to whip off that stuff by myself in a weekend.

Check out this roofing! It used to be rough galvanized steel roofing, but after the paintjob, its gorgeous! Thanks, again, to Rachelle's uncle Paul for this amazing donation to our cause. We're taking in any windows, lumber, roofing, flooring, etc that needs a new home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great. Hope I'll be able to see it in person soon. Keep up the good work.