Aug 17, 2006

Another great day at Whistler

OK, it might not look like I'm enjoying myself too much in this photo, but I had about my best day ever riding at Whistler last weekend.

I hooked up with Mike again. He's a way faster and better rider than me, so I'm always pushing myself in a hopeless attempt to keep up. He's also able to show me the best lines for riding particularly gnarly sections or steep rock faces. As a result I rode 4 or 5 things that I've never ridden before. In fact when I first saw some of these features, I was unsure that they could even BE ridden.

We rode for 8 hours with a short lunch break. I was absoluted whipped the next day, but the feeling of accomplishment is still with me. I've got 2 more prepaid days left, and I can't wait to use them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D,

Sounds like you're really enjoying this radical form of biking! Good for you.

The Cherokee is gone, The Vanagon is spoken for. The old VW restore should be gone within a couple of months. That will leave the CJ-7, which I think I'll put up on blocks and store in the garage. It feels good.

B