Nothing of huge note but a bunch of little things.
The truck had a shimmy at about 100km/h so I took it into a shop thinking that it might be alignment. The shop had been reopened by a really nice Iranian dude who assured me that it was probably just balancing. For $40 he balanced all my tires, AND tweeked the carb so the beast purrs like kitten now! Had to be the best $40 I've ever spent at a car fixer!
Since I had the truck at work, which rarely happens since I ride my bike every day, I whipped by the steel shop and bought enough steel to weld up a pipe rack for the truck. See, if you're longer than 20' they charge you overlength charges on the ferry which are NOT cheap. Much of the wood and roofing that we need to carry over to Hornby is over 12' long which means that when its in the bed of the truck, the vehicle is overlenth. If I can put them on top on a pipe rack, then I can carry up to 20' lengths. The savings in ferry fees will pay for the $80 I spent on the steel in only a few trips.
The real reason for bringing the truck to work, though, was because a few of us were meeting at the bottom of Seymour Mtn to hurtle down the forested slopes on our mountain bikes. The real reason was to take "before" pictures of a trail called "Pingu" that we'll be working on this weekend. Pingu is a small section of the total ride down Seymour, so we had lots of ripping before and after the photo session.
I had an awesome ride! I rode all the rock faces on CBC for the first time ever. There were always 2 rock lines that I never had the balls to ride. After an amazing and confidence building day at Whistler last weekend I finally worked up enough backbone to roll them. I'm still stoked the next day!
No comments:
Post a Comment