Jul 31, 2006

We're Back


It was a great trip. We had lots of sunshine, a bit of fog, and only a half day of rain. All that sunny weather comes at a cost, though... There was a gale warning issued for 8 of the 11 days we were out. There was only 1 day where we couldn't travel, tho. We were up at 6AM every morning and took advantage of the temporary lull in the winds. Sometimes that lull lasted until until noon, and sometimes only until 8 or 9.

The beaches were fabulous. Large sandy affairs with no people around. As usual Rachelle made amazing food. Although I fished almost every day I never caught a salmon, although we did have a few rock cod. Apparently the salmon are down 200 feet and I was fishing in the top 20! Next time I'll ask around about the salmon before heading out.

I'm going to put together a web page with lots of pics and some stories from the trip so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We thought about you the whole time. Looks fabulous. Hope we can do this with you again. I am really wondering about this salmon fishing business, though -- two years in a row without???