
The Whistler Bike Park is arguably the best bike park in the world. Its got thousands of feet of vertical riding, from big jumps and berms to super gnarly, technical single track. Two long, high speed quad lifts whisk you and your bike up into the sky in only 15 minutes.
I hooked up with a nice guy called Mike to share the gas money and to ride with. As it turns out Mike is a really good rider and rides Whistler a lot. He spent a lot of time checking out the scenery whilst waiting for me to catch up.
We rode all day and well into the evening, spending over 8 hours on the bikes or on the lift. I had no major crashes, although I DID have a close call once when I came down off of a jump onto my front wheel. Somehow I was able to ride the bike for a few meters on the front wheel before the rear came back down. I also hit a tree and got flung over the front of the bike in 2 seperate crashes. Only scrapes and minor buising as a result of those. Thank God for arm and leg armour!
It was a really fun day and I'm still feeling whipped today. Looking forward to getting back up after our paddling trip.
1 comment:
Glad you consider this fun. I think its an accident waiting to happen. Anne and Warren left Tuesday morning. Good visit. I've been walking everyday - hope it will strengthen my back. Talk later. Sarge
Post a Comment