Jul 3, 2006

New Truck!


Well, OK, "new" might be a bit of a stretch. It's a 1986 Ford F150 that we bought from Rachelle's Uncle Paul. We asked Paul about it yesterday at the BBQ and he said it was for sale. The price was right so we set it up to come back out today to do the transaction and insure it. Paul even gave it a pressure wash for us!

I didn't even look under the hood but apparently it has an inline 6 cylinder engine. It sure seemed to go pretty good even with a huge load of metal roofing.

Which brings us to more exciting news. Paul had a huge pile of metal roofing that he saved when he dismantled his shop a few years back. He gave us the whole pile to use on Hornby! There's got to be 3000 square feet of roofing! More than enough to roof the shed, Rachelle's proposed studio, and a yet to be built workshop.


Rachelle and I loaded it all up and she drove the Suzuki back to town and I drove the truck. It worked beautifully on the highway. It cruised at 100km/h for an hour with no complaints. I unloaded the roofing in the garage, where it sits waiting for the next Hornby trip. The truck now sits outside, like a patient dog, waiting for its next job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

A two vehicle family. I'm slowly divesting my cars. I hope to get down to three within the next few monts. I just can't seem to part with my old CJ-7 - I've had it for 22 years.

Glad to hear that Hornby plans are moving forward!

Brent