
It was the rainiest January on record in Vancouver, and the snowiest January on record in Whistler. I couldn't stand not being there any more, so Tom and I blew off a work day and headed up.
We scored some ticket action from Dan. (Thanks Dan)so the ticket cost was the right price. The snow was really great and the mountain was all but deserted. No sun, but we had good visibility all day. It was the first time I'd been there this year and I'm absolutely whipped right now.
Just as we were leaving the snows started. Tonite will be a bad night to be out side with 40-50cm and 100km/h winds forecasted.

Click here for a video of Tom making short work of the middle part of Blackcomb Glacier. You'll need "Quicktime" to view the video. If you don't have it, here's a link to download it.
Click here to see how Dan can deal with all that new snow. Dan's on a new line for us. Tom and I just figured out how to access this relatively unknown powder stash.
No comments:
Post a Comment