It was a nasty day weatherwise. Fierce winds and lots of rain. Apparently by now we will have surpassed the all time record for wettest Januarys in Vancouver... Both in number of days of rain and in total rain fallen!

It didn't seem to bother the birds too much, tho. I set up the camera on the tripod, put on the long lens and snapped off a bunch of shots. Camera shake was an issue, even with the tripod, and the wind was blowing the feeder around which complicated things. I ripped off 40 or 50 shots but only got a few keepers. Hey, its digital. Who cares how many it takes.
Just so you know, you can click on the pics to get bigger and better versions of them.

The red bird is a male House Finch and the one with him is the female. Our neighborhood seems to have many pairs of House Finches. They're one of the most common birds at our feeder. I made the feeder for Rachelle 2 Christmas' ago. Its made of cedar siding with applewood trim and lashed together with waxed twine.
No comments:
Post a Comment