Feb 17, 2006

Cold and clear in Van-city

There's no arguing that the days have been beautiful. We haven't seen a cloud in over a week! That pattern seems to happen ever year in February and is also characterized by cold nights. OK, cold is pretty relative. It got down to -8C last night. Hell, I had to bring in the olive trees!

On the commutes into work I have to wear the uber gloves to keep my finger count to something approaching normal. However, around noon the temps have crawled up to shirtsleeve levels.

Last weekend Rachelle and I went road riding along the South Richmond dyke roads. I wish those roads were another 80KM long. Its amazing riding along the Fraser River with views of Mt Baker to the south and the ocean to the north. Lots of riders and few cars. Good times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a warm and windy summers day in Perth - the Swan River and Indian Ocean have white caps at them. Saturday and people bicycling all over. Kind of like an upside down Vancouver City!