 |
| Eleanora brewing up the coco |
This year's Polar Bear Swim had the best turn out in years. Doug put a lot of effort into advertising in the local papers and drumming up support so people would know it was happening. In years past on Hornby there was a great swim every New Years morning but it dwindled in energy until there were only four swimmers the first New Year we ventured down to the beach in
2008 on Tribune Bay. Since then each year has seen one or two more p-bears until this year - couldn't even count how many there were!
And there were stragglers who jumped in after this shot was taken! Youth, seniors and in-betweeners gingerly hopped their way into the burning cold waters to mark the start of this year.
 |
| HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! |
Look how triumphant Doug looks air-pumping with his broken hand wrapped in a plastic bag. Co-organizer Julian is in the background with a waterproof camera strapped to his chest! This is the video that came from it.
Polar Bear Swim 2012 from
Julian Laffin on
Vimeo.
4 comments:
Bravo. So great to see so many out for this.
Sorry to have missed out this year. NYE celebrations and the swim.
Happy new year!!
Paul, Lisa, Colm and Lucca
Oh we missed yous too PLCLl!!! Big time!
I totally recall saying I would come this year, and now I feel like I bailed.... but, I do recall saying I would come if there was a bonfire on the beach, and without one in your pictures I feel less bad!
Remind me for 2013!
Post a Comment