
After spending the better part of the morning up to my elbows in feces and urine (more about that later), I was looking forward to a change of pace. With 3 minutes to go before the start of the polar bear swim, Dorothy reminded me that it was about to happen. We took off to the beach where we found a handful of warmly dressed spectators and 2 actual swimmers.
It was pretty cold with an ambient temperature of 6 degrees and a 40 kph onshore wind. The water was quite whipped up and the clouds were threatening snow. I couldn't really walk across the beach wearing a pair of shorts and then NOT go in, so before I got too cold

I took the plunge. While the water was extremely cold, it STILL wasn't as cold as I've seen it on the west coast during some of our paddling trips.
People cheered... Pictures were taken... We went home... I spent the next hour and a half warming up. Now I'm ready to go finish a couple of projects I've started recently.
3 comments:
They were just happy to have you smell better.
Congrats!
(?)
Why were you up to your armpits in feces and urine. You said you would explain later, while it is now later.
Aunt Anne
The outhouse was overflowing if I remember...?
Post a Comment