Jan 10, 2012

R & D R 'N R

It's not all bad having a broken hand...

Doug is usually a pretty relaxed kind of guy. But since we've been indulging in regular coffee breaks, he's taken on a kind of demeanor only found in males living on or near the Mediterranean. Those men who live on or near the Mediterranean have a certain je ne sais quoi that sits somewhere between their eyebrows. And the eye lids are ever so softly positioned, one would say on the perpetual verge of nap. The lips sit in a comfortably activated grin, awaiting the opportunity for a yawn, a casual comment, or a full-on belly laugh.

It's a different look for Doug lately. There's been no mad dash to the couch for a power nap before the next 4-hour project after work. There's been no speed chow down of supper on the way to the couch for said power nap. Sterling, of course, is suffering. There is no manpillow on the couch any more. Personally, I like the civilized post-dinner ritual of decaf espresso and a piece of dark chocolate. It's not the Mediterranean, but the Salish Sea is taking on a whole new feel.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Leisure suits both of you - enjoy!

Judith said...

I truly believe leisure is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Glad to see you are both enjoying it! Love the parallel to the Mediterranean ... especially this time of year :)

Anonymous said...

How is the hand healing? I hope everything is knitting together like it was before your accident. I just want to say what a wonderful couple you are in your "flat paige" project you are doing for Paige. I have learned so much about Hornby Island in reading these blogs. I am disappointed that it is coming to an end. Warren is reading them also and made the comment that we will have to visit you come this fall since we will probably be attending his nephews wedding in Vancouver. I hope this happens.
Love you both.
A. Anne

Anonymous said...

How is the hand healing? I hope everything is knitting together like it was before your accident. I just want to say what a wonderful couple you are in your "flat paige" project you are doing for Paige. I have learned so much about Hornby Island in reading these blogs. I am disappointed that it is coming to an end. Warren is reading them also and made the comment that we will have to visit you come this fall since we will probably be attending his nephews wedding in Vancouver. I hope this happens.
Love you both.
A. Anne