So I was at the Co-op today intending to pick up a parcel, get some 2" wood screws, some beer for the weekend, a pound of coffee, and some sausages for dinner... 'Cause we can do all that here at our Co-op. I was standing in front of the cooler looking at the sausages when I saw the sign saying, "Happy Burns Day. The Haggis is in the big freezer". "Haggis!", I says to myself, drawing looks from the few folks selecting yoghurt. "I'd better check that out".
![]() |
| McDouglas aboot ta scarf up a feed o' tatties, neeps, 'n haggis |
I went to the "big freezer" and, much to my delight, there they were. Two softball sized blobs of... well... I never really know what's inside those things. I grabbed one of them, a turnip, and a few large spuds and hurried home to brag about my find. No package... No wood screws... No coffee... No beer... That required a second trip.
Scots may shake their heads or fists at me, but I wrapped the haggis in foil, and baked it like a potato for an hour. I mashed up the spuds and turnip (tatties and neeps), wrapped myself in the Hornby tartan, and served it up. It was incredibly delicious.
Rachelle was thrilled. She's soon to be heading down to the Cannon's house for her knitting lesson. June and Bill Cannon came here from Scotland 35 or so years ago. We'll see what they have to say about our haggis adventure.

2 comments:
Well, I for one needed a good kidney nosh. Ya know? Every once in a while...
My religion forbids it.
Post a Comment