![]() |
| It all begins with candied fruit and nuts. |
Our remaining wedding cake lasted until our 10th anniversary when we consumed the last tiny morsel on Sandpiper Beach. We also renewed our vows and exchanged new rings on that day - it was the fall before moving to Hornby. Our cake, of course, was a fruit cake that we soaked every year with brandy until we had a single bite left between the two of us.
So when our mystery friends invited us to their wedding this September, I offered to make their wedding cake. Being raving fanatical fruit cake fans - they were pleased as punch.
I wanted to make this one a very special cake. You`ll notice there is nary a fake candied cherry to be found. I am using artisanally made candied orange and lemon rind from Provence, organic walnuts, dates, almonds and raisins. All of this will soak overnight and I`ll bake the cake on Sunday. Once it has cooled I`ll drizzle the parcel with the very best brandy, wrap it all up and space the brandy soakings over a few weeks until I ice it with marzipan for the wedding.
Looking forward to the big day... !

No comments:
Post a Comment