![]() |
| Irises from Elaine's garden - stunners. |
As many of you know, my dad has been recovering in hospital from a particularly bad luck-fraught laryngectomy. The operation wasn't bad enough, he had to have every possible permutation of rotten luck to go with it.
I'm happy to say that he is almost out of hospital; he needs a few more days and then he will finish his recovery in the comfort of his own home. Today he was at home on a 'day pass' with his first over night at home in 9 weeks. I actually spoke to him on the phone. He was using the Cooper-Rand, which is his temporary voice until he can get prosthetic vocal chords. It was difficult to understand everything he said, but I did manage to get 'thought of you every day' and 'I love you'. I guess most of the rest is less important... I'm just glad to be having my father here on the planet for Father's Day.

1 comment:
Rachelle: Great news on your father. It's so good to hear things have come around and that you got to speak with him and he to you, albeit in an assisted way.
You should celebrate a Father's Day befitting of its name.
Post a Comment