Jan 25, 2010

There's a New Deputy in Town

Last Thursday night was the AGM for the fire department. At these meetings we elect a fire chief, a deputy chief, and a treasurer. Well... I became deputy chief.

It's a big commitment, involving a heap of training, a bunch of time at the firehall, and attendance at many meetings. I'm taking over from one of the most capable individuals that I have ever known. They're big shoes to fill and I hope that one day I can do justice to the position.

I feel that the membership in our fire department is ready to move to another level and I'm excited about the possibility of being part of a department that can break some new ground. I wanted to take a bigger part in making that happen. Besides, I had way too much time on my hands.

6 comments:

sarge said...

Congratulations! D.C. D.Chinnery
I know you'll give it your all and your grandfather would be so proud. Who knows where this could lead.
Go Doug Go

Jer said...

DC squared! I like it!
You have my support, Doug. Looking forward to taking it to the next level.

Siobhan Chinnery said...

One step closer to Fire Marshall Doug. Is this what your headed toward
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR2T6YKAUc
Congrats Bro!

Ted Brunt said...

Congratulations, your worshipness.

Anonymous said...

controversy fctyh ccigchamber chen conferences compete learners indent relocation declining prohibit
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

Congrats Doug!

Lianne