Jan 10, 2010

Polar Bear Swim

It was my 4th New Years Day swim and my 3rd in a row. This year, in a completely disorganized manner, a handful of us went down to Grassy Pt and went for a swim. As we were standing there trying to work up enough courage the weather was driving rain and a fierce wind although it was sitting at a pretty temperate +6 degrees C.


Once we dove in and got back out again the rain had changed to hail. Fortunately, I was so numb from the cold water that it didn't hurt hardly at all. I changed in the car and on the way back to the house the sun came out and it turned into a gorgeous day. Hmmmm... It's all about the timing, apparently.

I'm on a roll with these Polar Bear swims. I think that next year I may try to organize something a bit bigger. Maybe put an ad in the newspaper and get the Fire Department to light a big bonfire or something.

1 comment:

Logical Philosopher said...

If you bring a bonfire, next year I'll come!