Nov 15, 2008

Day 5 at Circle Craft

Feet sore... Tired of talking...

Customer: (for the 19th time today) Its just like Belique!
Doug: (thinking) Shut up and bore someone else with crap you know nothing about
Doug: (saying out loud) That's very interesting; Someone else said the same thing a little while ago

There's a curious breed of OCD people who troll craft shows and pick up literature from every booth, never even looking at the art. You can see them coming; eyes scanning the shelves, searching for the elusive rack card. Once the promotional material has been spotted, they zone in like a heat seeking missile, snatching the card and moving on to the next quarry. I swear I'm gonna mess the next one up by moving the holder at the last second.

Went to the Dayton Boot Company yesterday expecting to pay $300 for a pair of nice sturdy casual boots. Tried on a nice pair with a price tag of $320. Liked them fine. Clerk says, "They're one of most popular boots. I don't know WHY we're discontinuing them. That'll be $100, Sir". Woah!! Guaranteed forever. Incredible construction. Made in the same East Van shop for the last 60 years. "Wow! That's great! I'll take 6 pair!" was what I wanted to say.

Tonight when we're released we're meeting Jeff and Sarah at Aurora for a celebratory birthday meal. Will be fun!

3 comments:

sarge said...

My feet feel for you. Have a great meal and say hi to Jeff and Sarah. What a great buy you got on those boots. Dive safely on the way home and I talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Hey Doug,
It was great to see ya last week. I just caught up with your blog and the place looks great. Winter insulation. How wonderful! You guys look so content in all your pictures.
Happy Belated Birthday Rachelle. Hope the Circle Craft was a huge success.
Cheers!
Lianne

The Clements said...

Lemme get this straight ... Doug is buying shoes valued at $320 and is sharing with us the steal he got at $100 ??? That sounds a LOT like the stereotypical woman obsessed with shoes and thinking that $100 is a bargain ... any time you wanna swap stories about shopping bargains Doug, I'm here for ya! :)
~Jill