Actually he WAS swayed by my intentions to do the right thing. I had a brand new electrical panel installed, I was working from the BC electrical code book, I had a branch circuit run, and I had a permit. He gave us 2 weeks to get rid of all the temporary wiring in the house, and replace it all with extension cords run to the temporary panel.
As you can see, I've added the plugs for the extension cords, but the house is still hardwired in to the panel. Just before the due date I'll take that loomex cable out and we'll be left, temporarily, with a mess of cords running into the house.
We then have 8 weeks to get our permanent service hooked up to the new panel which is mounted in the laundry room. At that time we'll have to have enough branch circuits ready to run our house.
It seemed a bit hard-ass at the time but the upside is that without a hard deadline I could put this job off for ages. Fortunately summer is here, the Farmer's Market has started up and the money has started to come in. We can now order 30 meters of Tek cable ($30/meter), dig a trench to the power service, bury the cable and finally get our house properly on the grid.
1 comment:
I seem to remember someone else in my life who worked best with a deadline over his head - like father like son. The upside is you'll have a properly lit home this winter. Good luck.
Post a Comment