Feb 20, 2008

Total Lunar Eclipse

Jeffo once told me that it's really hard to take a good picture of the moon because it's moving too fast. I tried tonight and it's true! All the pics ended up with the moon slightly fuzzy as a result of it moving during the long exposure.

We walked down to Sandpiper Beach near our house tonight to catch the total lunar eclipse. The clouds came and went but afforded us some great views of the event.

Jules and Olive-the-Labradoodle joined us and it was a pretty cool event. We also met a neighboor named Rita although it was so dark that I'd never recognize her if I saw her again. I've been working really hard lately and after a couple weeks of something happening every night it was great to just hang out at the coastline and watch the moon over the ocean.

That's the kinda thing you can do when you live on an island.

No comments: