Jul 2, 2007

Canada Day Marimba Band

Canada Day on Hornby actually had a fair amount going on. We didn't take part in much of it though. Rachelle worked for the afternoon at the Pottery Shop and I started building a kiln shed that looks amazing...ly like a crapper. Right now her kiln is wrapped in a blue tarp and is sitting in the middle of the area marked for the west wing.

We discovered an excellent method of having halibut, though. I marinated it all afternoon in green chili sauce and lime juice. We flaked it up and had in wraps with fresh salsa and a salad made from local stuff.

We heard of several things going on in the evening, and settled on the marimba band that was playing at the recently re-opened pub by the ferry terminal. There were fire works at 11, but we were too tired and bailed at 10:30 to come home to bed. Unlike East Vancouver there were no firecrackers, screamers, or roman candles going off until all hours.

Here's Rachelle answering email. OK, maybe I built the workstation a bit high... Or the stool a bit low.

I go to work for our neighbour Marc Was tomorrow. We're shingling the side of a house with cedar. It'll be good to practice on someone else's house before doing it on our place. More about that tomorrow.

We had Jules and Olive by tonight for dinner. Olive is Jules' and Ian's absolutely adorable Labradoodle puppy. She's only 12 weeks old and irresistible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.