We just bought it and picked it up on the weekend. Ain't it the cutest?! The thing weighs over 200lbs so it's a pig to move around. We had the dude load it into the Suzuki with a lift truck, but at some point I have to con a neighbor or friend to help transfer it into the pickup.Click the photo for more info on the little devil.
I can't believe how blind I was to the costs of setting up a house. I was thinking that the lumber cost was going to be a huge part of the total bill. Meh... It's nothing.
We paid $5500 for lumber and here's some of the fixed costs that we need to deal with in the near future.
- $1200 for the woodstove
- $2800 for the water storage tanks
- $15,000 - $20,000 for the septic system
- $6000 for the appliances
6 comments:
(Dan changes phone number and packs up... making sure to be quiet... so not to let Doug and Rachelle know he is leaving town.)
Hahhaha! I am sure you folks will be fine. The house is looking great!
Doug as always... I will help you with whatever you need. I will warn you however... mudding and taping is a messy messy job.
Cheers!
Dan
I'm sure you still have a shot at professional mountain biking. Or put some ads on your blog and rake in the pennies!
Screw the mortgage thing, anyway. Who wants a mortgage? You're doing great, and you will find a way because you're both smart & healthy.
Yes, we'll be fine. I know that when we arrive with our Tupperware bins full of stuff and start stacking them around the trailer, on the deck, by the outer walls where the stairs will one day be, under various tarps.... I know that we will look upon our new adventure with glee! We do live near an oyster beach - with actual oysters - so at least we'll be able to eat. They say ALL species of sea weed are edible too...
Don't you guys have a money tree out back like Paul and I? You gotta get one of those! If not, make friends at the bank, they always have money hanging around there.
You want a mortgage???? We've got TWO of those!! We'd be more than happy to share with you.
Hey, I've been meaning to ask ... when is it that you officially move to the new palace?
~Jill
No official date. We have our place in East Van until the end of June, but I suspect we'll try to get over there as soon as possible after Rachelle has finished work on the 8th.
Post a Comment