It sat in the garage for months in a half built state. Twice a day as I opened the garage door it would be there hanging from the rafters, looking like dog that wants to play but realizes that his master is only picking up his wallet and heading back out again.
Then finally that piece of crap Vitali that I was commuting on gave out. It was an opportunity for the 4th line centerman to come off the bench and show what he could do. I swapped all the parts off of the busted Vitali and on to the Diamondback and, aside from a stupid move when I installed the headset bearings upside down, it's been running like a champ. I love it when an old, used $60 frame outperforms a supposed high end, $700 Italian number.
The Marinoni is back in the basement waiting for the warm, dry days of summer where it can stretch it's legs on long rides. There's even some talk of a warranty deal on the Vitali. All is good again in Chin's World of Bikes.
2 comments:
IT'S ALIVE!
That is great man... now that I am commuting again, on the nice days I am going to ride from my place to the Ferry and then from the Ferry to work... and repeat on the way home.
Not only helping the environment but getting my sorry butt in shape as well!
I am thinking that I am going to sell the Devinci at the Gear Swap and put that money into a better commuter/fun fixed gear job!
Dan
Diamondback sounds less "Breaking Away" anyhow....
Post a Comment