Feb 25, 2007

House Construction Update



OK, so I've heard that everyone is annoyed at seeing my commuter bike for the last few weeks. Here's some new stuff...

We just had a great meal at Jules and Ian's and I'm on their fancy Apple laptop uploading photos. Marc Lemieux flew in from Ontario and took charge adding on to the fantastic platform that Tom, Iain, Mike and I built. In the 6 days that Marc was here we framed in the entire place!

The loft joists are gorgeous! We got full sized 3x8 fir beams and they have an amazing pink/orange tint.

Jeff and Sarah just left having spent the weekend blocking the studs and helping me sheet the house. All the upper sheeting is done, and Rachelle and I should be able to finish it off tomorrow. These are just a few photos. When we get back next weekend I'll put up an album of shots on how it all came together.

4 comments:

Ted Brunt said...

"I'm on their fancy Apple laptop uploading photos"

Are your fingers still tingling?

Looks great - looking forward to the stories & pix. Sorry we couldn't be there.

Dan Gronross said...

Man... that looks amazing... I swear I will make it up to you guys!

Sat was spent chillin... nothing really done this weekend!

Dan

Paul and Brenda said...

wow! I can't believe how much you have done, amazing! Ty Pennington and his crew would be impressed. Maybe you should start your own reality show? "Island homes...how to make it look soooo easy" lol!

Siobhan Chinnery said...

That is absolutely amazing progress. You and your group obviously had your collective shit together to accomplish that much.
I wish I could have been a part of it.
I cant wait to see the album when you get it on here.

Excellent Job.