Sep 12, 2006

Okanagon Fruit


My supplier, Jerry, came into town this morning with a fresh batch of fruit just picked yesterday. Rachelle and I, along with a bunch of folks from work ordered 360 lbs of tomatos, peaches, apples, plums and pears. Rachelle and I ordered 20 lbs of roma tomatos which will go into a monster batch of 3 day spaghetti sauce, that we'll either can or freeze.

Hopefully, Ron and Michael will be able to come over for dinner this weekend and we can show off the amazing sauce that Rachelle can turn out with these fresh ingredients. I've had tomato sauce all over Italy and a zillion times in Canada at various restaurants and friend's houses, and I can say without prejudice that Rachelle makes the best spaghetti sauce I've EVER had.

We also got some apples, peaches, and a bag of field tomoatos. I get this passion for fresh local fruit from my dad. He always said that he'd never be able to move anywhere that he couldn't take advantage of the late summer harvest.

No comments: