Nov 27, 2011

Doug's Early Birthday

It's a DIY b-day gift! Assembly required! 
hugs, kisses, fond words....
Doug's birthday - the actual date - is next Sunday. I will be fnishing up my show on Denman that day so we decided to do a little early celebrating. This is Doug's newest toy and brand new best friend. May he slice, dice, cut and plow through many a beam, board and stick with this baby. It's a Bosch table saw that I got to replace the tank he bought on Craig's list 8 or 9 years ago. Comes with its own stand. Best part - it's the exact one he had just recently decided to get for himself. Call it carpenter's wife's intuition. Call it wanting him to have dreamy tools to build our bathroom with....!!    
Ain't she a beaute?!

6 comments:

Judith said...

Nice toy, er, tool Doug. And happy birthday too!

Pat said...

Never too early to celebrate a birthday, especially Doug's. She is a beauty.

sarge said...

Wow! Nice table saw. That should build a wonderful bathroom. Parcel should be on it's way by end of week.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chin!

I have that same saw, and I am sure you will love it as much as I do. That stand is awesome too!

Have a good one!
Dually!

Darren said...

Just think of the things you'll be able to do on that table.

Anonymous said...

I have been cutting our own tree since Heather was one-and-a-half.(Years, that is. Not feet!) Ours has already been up since December 5th, a White Pine,(ramrod straight, and light as a feather) and draws gasps from all who visit. I cut about 2 inches off the butt when I get it home, and keep it immersed in water constantly. When I take it down in mid-January, it's still green and fresh. Thanks for the card. How does it get from "the bush" of Hornby to the Comox P.O.? Have a happy season and new year too. Unca Warren