![]() |
| Roman gloves, Turkish scarf courtesy of Mom |
My friend Veronica and I frequently go for walks in Helliwell Park in the winter time. It's a 45 minute loop. We can be there within 15 of calling each other and taking the trip across the island to get there.
Today we saw two giant sea lions looping up out of the water and back down under. We saw four sea otters keeping careful watch over an eagle on the hunt. We took pictures for my mom who wanted to see her gifts modeled...
It's always a lot of fun going for this walk with Veronica. She's a great conversationalist, a sensitive artist, and an exceptional listener. What a great friend.
![]() |
| Off the beaten path |
My favourite bay was filled with sea lions, sea gulls flying in choreographed swirls. Beautiful.
This time - after hundreds of times - walking through the woods, we noticed how the trees in one spot all grow towards a center point on the path. In the center of that path is one straight tree. Something special is going on here.

magic tree circle


3 comments:
OMG! You two are always so fashionable.
It sounds like a beautiful walk and someday I plan to walk it with you. After this cruise in 2012 maybe W. and I can get back out to BC and visit you on Hornby Island. Doug owes me a hike over big boulders along the shore (I forget the place he was travelling to) and you with a hike around this trail. I really hope this happens. Warren can sit at your place and relax. He is having trouble with his hip but hopes to be up and walking good by Sept./12.
Love A. Anne
A. Anne, Maybe by that time we'll have a finished bathroom so you don't have to really rough it! (Window went in this weekend - next is my drywall magic!)
Post a Comment