Oct 28, 2011

Got Podcasts?

At work we've each been working on our own project. Ian is building doors, Al is putting up the ceiling, and I've been doing soffits. It's the type of work where I can wear my ipod and not be too annoying to the rest of the crew.

Podcasts have become my preferred listening material. For years now I've been a huge fan of CBC radio 3 and listen religiously to their great shows of Canadian Independent music. Lately, though, I've made a few great discoveries.


  • NPR's "This American Life" is a fantastic documentary show that has just recently been airing on CBC far to late at night for me to catch.
  • "Uhh Yeah Dude" is a popular podcast made by 2 dudes who do this absolutely hilarious commentary on stories in the American press. It's not for everyone, but I find it wildly entertaining.
  • "The Dirtbag Diaries" is a weekly podcast dealing with short stories of people experiences with outdoor life.

EDIT: Darren just reminded me of NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me". Its kind of a mix between "Front Page Challenge" and "22 mintes". Very funny AND informative.

Check them out and let me know if there is anything else I should be checking out.

2 comments:

Darren Bond said...

Definitely, "Wait, wait, don't tell me" on NPR. I love it!

Unknown said...

Ya, Darren. You're right. That is a good one. I subscribed to WWDTM the day after you told me about it. Very funny!