Apr 25, 2010

Day 6: Bored of Boarding


I was at it for about 11 hours today. For most of that I had the fast, effective, and hilarious crew of Rob, Al and Julian helping me out. Actually, with my neck still in a semi-fragile state, I was helping THEM.

We got the entire house boarded and I've got all but a few skylight and window returns done. Rachelle started her mudding shift after dinner, although she spent a good part of the day cooking and cleaning for us. As I'm typing this, she just quit taping at 9:30PM.

Thankfully, we've made the decision to put tongue and groove 1x6 on the ceiling instead of sheetrock. That would have added a huge amount of work to the project. At least the wood can go up while we live in the house.

We have just over a week to finish. I'm probably going to hire a local guy to help me do some finishing during the week so we can get painting on the weekend. Stay tuned.

No comments: