Well, Doug left this morning for x-rays on his neck... after consultation with Dr John. Doug woke up with shooting pains down his arm - not the heart attach kind, the other kind - the kind that stem from pinched nerves somewhere in your neck. He kept sneaking over to the house and picking up the screw gun to do "a really small piece" of drywalling... Had to banish him to the hammock, which he took to quite nicely. It was a warm sunny day here yesterday, and that was a good thing because the dry wall, she did not come.
The dry wall did not arrive yesterday on the shared shipping plan, which means a $300 bill for a separate load. We'll negotiate this part with the supplier... So I am sitting vigil again, waiting for the elusive dry wall. Luckily I can see the house from my studio. It is quite close you know.
Fortunately, watching hockey isn't an activity that is compromised by pinched nerves. Doug went to the fire hall last night to watch the game. I wasn't there to make sure he didn't start hammering something together or fixing a door... but I'm pretty sure he just got to sit more or less still and relax. For a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment